Tuesday, January 17, 2006

I spent the holiday weekend at a training seminar. It was strange to be away from my blog that long.

When I resumed blogging a few weeks ago, it was more as an experiment than for any sense of benefit. I wanted to see what it would do for me when I was doing it of my own initiative, rather than as part of a class I was taking. Now I'm finding the experience addictive. I still keep my paper journal and still write other pieces on the computer, though not on the blog, yet I find myself walking around during the day thinking about what the next blog entry will be. Why?

Well, nobody sees the other work I do. My journal's cover closes when I'm done. I have two or three feet of journals on my shelf that no one has ever read. My essays don't see a public. Anybody in touch with the web can see the blog, and a few apparently read it regularly, which means I know there will be an audience--at least until they get sick of reading what I put up. We don't get much attention in life, so the blog is a place to be public.

1 Comments:

Blogger Berne said...

Blogging is totally an addiction...I do the same thing...thinking often about what I should blog on a given day, or thinking "I should blog about that!" when somnething of note happens to me.

Addicting, but a lot of fun too.

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home