Saturday, December 03, 2005

Dotted prefixes, WalkawayRenee says, are to be hidden in order to enjoy the reverse snobbery possible. I suspect she just nailed exactly why I never refer to myself as Dr. and tell students to call me Mark. I didn't get the doctorate to be a Ph.D. I got it to have the union card that allows me to do what I want to do. Then I can hide out and pretend I'm not one of them, though of course I am.

Twain said something about never wanting to join a club that would let someone like him in. I joined the club.

As a member of the club, I have in this week delivered an Honors Council Lecture, written three essays, responded at some length to seven written inquiries, and written and am about to deliver the thought-provocation at the Unitarian Universalist church tomorrow.

My fingers are becoming familiar with the keyboard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home