Friday, December 09, 2005

Friday after lunch as a professor is so much different from Friday after lunch as a high school teacher. I haven't had a Friday afternoon class in years. When I was teaching high school, Friday afternoon classes were usually things to endure rather than enjoy, but they were fully occupied. High school students get squirrelly. They won't do or say anything or they will do or say anything. They will drive teachers crazy either way. Sometimes I counted the last hour of the day in seconds rather than minutes.

Now Friday afternoons are quiet. I am sort of glad I don't have to work any more if I choose not to, but I'm also sort of sad that all the week's classes are behind me. I would rather be with students. I don't get to go to class again until Monday.

This has got to be the weirdest way to look at Fridays. I need to get out of the office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home