Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I am Peabody.

A student, Alexis, hereafter to be known as Sherman, decided that I reminded her of Mr. Peabody from the cartoon featured on the old Rocky and Bullwinkle program. She gave me a necktie, a very busy necktie, of Peabody & Sherman.

And so, I am a dog. A wise dog. Utterly appropriate. How better to epitomize a learned but not very frightening fellow than to make him a wise dog? You might come to him for answers or questions and pat him on the head--gently, of course--at the same time.

It's a near-perfect metaphor. Professor as knowledgeable dog.

Woof.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you.
And, just so the rest of the blog world knows, I do not think of you as a "dog" in the negative sense. Mr. Peabody was one of my first (childhood) inspirations to learn.
I'll be sure to bring you kibble next class.

5:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home