Monday, May 15, 2006

The deadline for turning in grades is Monday at 9:30. Today, Monday, at 9:30 I turned in the last of the grades. The effect of the last several days' work is that my body aches and I'm so stiff that moving is painful. A reader, Sherman, asked if I found any parts of my work tedious. I love teaching; I don't love having a body so locked up from many days of many hours of sitting at a desk reading papers that I can hardly walk. It will take days to get my body broken loose again.

I don't much notice my own aging. I tend to do anything I did at twenty. Today I'm aware that my body doesn't recover as quickly as it once did.

I'm going to spend four hours this afternoon advising at registration. Interacting with seventeen and eighteen year olds will get the juices flowing again. Teenagers are good for me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Teenagers are actually my favorite. People around here prefer teaching/interacting with little kids. NOT ME! I think teenagers are the bomb.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teenagers are good for me. I love that!!!

You answered my question in more than one way, which I wouldn't expect any less from you.

Remember that aging is more in the mind than anywhere else. But, I do understand how being cooped and cramped can remind you of your age!

Thank you for being an inspiration!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home