Tuesday, May 23, 2006

So I decided it was time to get out of school mode. Since my last post I've played golf three times, hit balls at the driving range two times, ridden my bike several times, including one effort that left me gasping and my legs rubbery, gotten my boat out of storage and hauled to the lake, gotten my motorhome parked, leveled, vacuumed, and hooked up, cleaned my flower garden, mowed my lawn and...

come back to school for papers, late papers, new assignments from my department chair, a meeting with three faculty members about new curriculum for next year, and two walk-in meetings with students I didn't know and didn't expect, each of which has left me with new projects to do for them.

After the first of June I'll be starting my swimming again. I can't until then, as the university has no hot water until new equipment is installed. That means the pool is cold, as well as the showers. Cold showers I can deal with; a pool that cold is just too likely to lead to cramps. So, ten days of biking and walking ahead as I move toward getting back into healthy condition. The swimming is what will really get that done, though.

Meanwhile, I'm understandably sore. Not as bad as sitting at a desk for days a time will cause, but sore just the same. This kind of sore is easier to deal with. It's earned by doing things, rather than by sitting motionlessly.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on getting so much accomplished! I'm envious.

I agree that being sore/worn out from doing something is much better than from just sitting. Although I don't golf nor have an RV to ready, I do have flower gardening, pruning, dog-playing, and garage cleaning to keep me busy.

Our pool is not ready. We need a pump part and to shock it. I need it to be about 20 degrees warmer - 55 is not a good swimming temperature!

I wish you more fun than work this summer!

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home