Thursday, April 06, 2006

At the reading:

Five of us were to read, each with an eight minute allotment, leaving a moment for an introduction and transition between. After three people had read, there were twelve minutes left. I was fourth. I read for four to five minutes, leaving room for the fifth. The fifth then chose not to read.

I read five short pieces. Three serious: "In January," "The end of March...," and "This morning I noticed a twice-jointed birch tree." Two humorous: "I am a student in the Bemidji Choir" and "I am Peabody." The audience looked serious when I read the serious ones. They laughed when I read the humorous ones. They seemed to enjoy thinking of me in a dress or as a wise dog.

Good enough considering the time available.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds as if you enjoyed yourself. Sorry I missed it!
Hey, if you read "I am Peabody" does that make me a groupie?

4:53 PM  
Blogger Loralee Choate said...

Congratulations on a job well done. Isn't it wonderful when the audience is with you? Especially if you are likening yourself to a canine or painting a portrait of yourself in woman's clothing?!

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home