Friday, April 21, 2006

In the morning rain I spied a giant tire standing next to my head. It had huge treads, ridges wide as my hand and deep as my thigh. It looked ready to do serious work. It could move a whole lot of dirt in a hurry. I noticed it was connected by an axle to a very large machine that appeared to be of equally serious intent. Earth shaking stuff waiting to happen. The effect was muted as the engine wasn't running.

I left the silent machine with the menacing tire and went to work. Then I saw why the machine wasn't running. All the dirt was in my office.

2 Comments:

Blogger nrlaumei said...

You need to save this for the next faculty reading. :)

9:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will need to take your poetry class to understand your 'piece'.
Knowing you, you probably enjoyed finding the dirt in your office.

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home