Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Yesterday was crazy. Classes, a thesis defense, a recital, a reception. May is near.

Saturday's Opera Night was great fun. I love to hear these young people I've been working with for four years show off how their training and practice has turned them into polished musicians.

My aria went fine, too. In fact, it was funny to both hear and see reactions to it. There were many people in the audience who had known me for years--in some cases, all my life--and yet didn't know that I sing. When I walked out of the audience and took my place to perform there were audible noises of surprise. When I finished, the response was, well, enthusiastic. After it all was over there were several people who approached me to express their pleased surprise. Fun.

People have a hard time adjusting to a big voice that can roar a low C being housed in such a, hmm, modest sized body.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your singing. I have no doubt you are amazing.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed your singing. I have no doubt you are amazing.

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home