Friday, June 09, 2006

Blogger wouldn't let me on yesterday.

Miss Bishop requested that I be one of her pallbearers, a duty and privilege I will perform this afternoon. After the funeral I have a hospital visit to make.

On Monday afternoon my friend of many years was diagnosed with lung cancer. He was told that it was localized, and scheduled to meet an oncologist on Wednesday. Immediately after that appointment he told me the oncologist said it was "advanced," and had moved into his neck and chest muscle. The oncologist scheduled an appointment for a second opinion with another oncologist for today, Friday, and for a procedure to look at the lung via scope on Monday. An hour ago George's sister called to say that in today's exam they discovered George has a cardiac arhythmia and may not be strong enough to go through the scoping. Right now he is undergoing cardiac testing, after which he will be admitted to the hospital.

After the funeral I go to the hospital. A reversal of the usual order.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stories like this inject the importance that no matter how badly I feel about things in my life, there are more terrible things happening to very good people. It's important we feel blessed for what we have because there are those who are suffering worse than I.

12:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stories like this inject the importance that no matter how badly I feel about things in my life, there are more terrible things happening to very good people. It's important we feel blessed for what we have because there are those who are suffering worse than I.

12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have no insight or witty comments.
All I have is empathy for your loss, gladness for you prvilege, and hope that your friend will be pain free.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home