Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Somebody asked me what I'm reading. In the last week I've read a novel by Patrick McManus (the humor writer from Outdoor Life, for all you who wouldn't dream of touching such a magazine), Beloved by Toni Morrison (again. Terrible, wretched, wonderful book.). Something in the Wind by somebody I can't remember who is from Spain. The Amalgamation Waltz by Stephen Wright (stunning, so good I couldn't stop, also fascinating about the Civil War and slavery, terrible, wretched, wonderful). The newest Toni Hillerman. The newest Gene Hackman. The newest Jeffery Archer (about Van Gogh, sort of, and utterly addictive). There's another one in there I can't remember right now.

The best of the season so far is still Doris Kearns Goodwin's Team of Rivals, a book about Lincoln and his cabinet.



I'm off to play in the water at a water park in Duluth with my two nephews. Back Friday afternoon.

1 Comments:

Blogger Loralee Choate said...

I have been eyeing "Team of Rivals". Looks like I'll have to go gather it up in my arms and give it a read.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home