Saturday, July 01, 2006

I am in another paroxysm of lawn-building. Something about the soil around my house does not love a lawn. I have just trucked in five loads of black dirt, spread it, leveled it, and seeded it. I am watering obsessively. I am tracking black dirt into the house, as is Mollie the Collie, who leaves many little black paw prints if I don't catch her and clean her feet before she has bounded into the kitchen in search of treats. She gets the treats anyway.

I am succeeding in raising some fine weeds and some wisps of grass while turning my lawn and my carpet into mudpies.

I have to go home now to move the sprinkler.

By the way, thanks to those of you who have sent comments or e-mails. I don't often mention it, but I appreciate that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jessie said...

a "paroxysm of lawn-building"--damn, that sounds like a complicated situation to be in.
:)-

11:13 AM  
Blogger Berne said...

Sounds like my Dad with our lawn...we finally have more grass than weeds for the first time ever

7:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home